My Inspiration

A few weeks ago my boss had a brain storm about doing a ton of videos for our website and he wants me to be in charge of shooting, editing, and web updating. Only problem is I know not a single thing about video.

The videos are going to be mostly client testimonials, our attorneys giving case examples and such ranging from 2-5min. Everything has to be done in the best way possible so my boss just bought me a 27" Quad-Core i7 iMac, Final Cut Studio, Sony EX1R plus all the lighting and accessories I need to make it look super professional...and he wants me to be good at it by the beginning of next year, which is a few weeks away.

At first I was overwhelmed (still am) and wasn't liking the new duties I was given, until I saw some videos by Andrew Zuckerman. Andrew has an amazing eye and I love his simplistic videography. I've analyzed his "behind the scenes" videos of the way he has his lighting and studio setup and I'm going to try my best to mimic this.

If any of you reading this are into video editing and can give me some tips on lighting, I'd be grateful to hear them.

Here's an example of how I'd like the videos to look:








Andrews photography is just as stunning as his video work.





    Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit Twitter RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus