California Trip Itinerary

On July 25th, Jer and I are headed to California to visit my cousin, Nancy, who I haven't seen for 10 years. The last time I visited her was in NYC and it was an amazing trip. However, back then I cared less about photography and didn't take that many pictures. This time photography is the main goal. Nancy isn't expecting us until at Monday so Jer and I have two days to run wiled in LA area. I think we're pretty much settled on staying at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa for the two days as it will be right in the center of everything. Nancy got tickets to some event at the Hollywood Bowl on that Sunday night so we can just walk there from our hotel.

On that Monday, we'll pack up and head over to stay with Nancy in Laguna Beach for a week in her swanky cliff house. We want to get all the Hollywood / LA area attractions out of the way so we don't have to battle traffic during the week. I doubt this trip will have any relaxing part to it; I want to see and photograph as much as possible.

As of now this is our itinerary:

Saturday 25th:
(Arrive at LAX 10am)
- Petersen Auto (across from Pulp Fiction Diner)
- walk Miracle Mile (Photos)
- Photograph Hollywood sign (from ridiculous location)
- Griffin Observatory 8pm (night of city photos)

Sunday
- Beverly Hills, (rich people, Bel-Air sign)
- Sunset Blvd (photo Beverly Hills sign, Will Rogers Memorial Park, BH Hotel)
- Kodak Theater
- Nancy @ 7pm for concert at Hollywood Bowl

Monday
-Disney all day (photos, act like a kid)

Tuesday
- Queen Marry (big boat photos for Jer)
- Aquarium? (eh, fish)
- Santa Monica Pier (photos at dusk)

Wed
- Catalina Island (wine mixer, pow, pow, pow)

Thurs
- Oakley (should be quick)
- beach (Laguna Beach)
- Event with Nancy 7pm in Laguna

Friday
-Universal? (maybe, good photo ops)

Saturday:
-beach?

Sunday:
relax???? =/

Monday: Fly back home :(


Flex Attractions:
- Paramont 10, 11, 1, 2pm
- Zoo?

I need suggestions, I totally want to maximize my photo opts. Not into buying/shopping. I'll have two main cameras with me at all times, my Canon 50D & Polaroid SX-70 (most of the Hollywood / Beverly Hills photos will be in Polaroid, I want the classic look.
    Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit Twitter RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus