When I was a kid...

When I was a kid I would ride my bike all over town with my friends. Usually to the comic book store. I'd be gone all day.

When I was a kid I hated Sunday school. I always got in trouble for talking.

When I was a kid I loved the holidays. Now they're just like every other day.

When I was a kid I loved spending the night over my grandparents house. They would let me get dirty.

When I was a kid my friend and I would remove all of his sisters Barbie heads and hide them.

When I was a kid I would throw fireflies into the air conditioner. Their little lights would stay on for a few seconds after they were chopped up.

When I was a kid I only had 4 Nintendo games.

When I was a kid I would sneak down the hall and listen to what my parents were saying about me when I got in trouble.

When I was a kid I was on a golf league. Wasn't half bad either... for being a par 3 course.

When I was a kid I had a dog named Brandy. When she died, my parents got me another one a few years later just like the first one. She was named Brandy #2.

When I was a kid I would watch American Gladiators in my room with the door shut and reenact the battle scenes.

When I was a kid I my parents kept a paddle on top of the fridge and would threaten me with it when I was bad. I would hide it when I knew something was a brewin.

When I was a kid I was scared to swim in the deep end of our pool when no one was around. Sharks might appear.

When I was a kid I was very spoiled. My father had to build a huge toy box for me in the basement. It couldn't shut because I had so many.

When I was a kid my parents would force me to do yard work for hours. Now I'd do anything to have a yard to take care of.

When I was a kid I would build Lego cities then destroy them with a large rock. Meteor shower.

When I was a kid I I had a crush on Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

When I was a kid I would jump off the second story balcony at a friends house onto a trampoline. Usually a sprinkler was also involved.

When I was a kid I wasn't aloud to miss any school.

When I was a kid I tried to commit suicide. I took 14 sleeping pills. Parents had to rush me to the emergency room.

When I was a kid I use to sleep with a stuffed bear. It was the first toy I ever had. It now lives in a plastic bin in the closet.

When I was a kid I really wanted a sibling. Many lonely times.

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to be a grown up.

When I grew up all I want to be is a kid.

---------------------------------------------------------
What did you do when you were a kid?
    Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit Twitter RSS
blog comments powered by Disqus